Code of Conduct
This event is a Safe Space. Everyone who attends must agree to this Code of Conduct at the time of requesting an invitation. Anyone who violates this Code may be subject to immediate action per the below terms.
At Regalo, we value the health, safety and well-being of all our guests, and we expect that the event will be free from harassment and disrespectful or inappropriate (verbal or non-verbal) behavior. We rely on our attendees to prioritize the comfort and enjoyment of everyone around them, remembering that tango is best danced in an environment of openness and trust.
We therefore expect that guests will:
• Respect the etiquette of mirada and cabeceo
• Refrain from coercive or persistent invitations
• Refrain from following, stalking, or monopolizing other attendees
• Not engage in disrespectful, uninvited or inappropriate touch, on or off the dance floor
• Hear and respect the verbal and non-verbal communication of partners
• Not use threatening or discriminatory language
• Recognize and protect the boundaries of others
• Respect the entrance etiquette, flow and lanes of the ronda
• Not dance in a way that endangers yourself, your partner or others on the dance floor
• Not engage in any form of harassment*
The Regalo team takes harassment very seriously and is committed to maintaining a safe and peaceful event. We will act promptly to address behavior that violates our code of conduct. If you believe you have been subjected to (or have witnessed) such behavior, you are encouraged to contact Corin, Milton or James, or make an anonymous report using the button below.
All reports will be reviewed by the Code of Conduct Committee (CCC), consisting of: James Oh, Corin Girard and Milton Azevedo. CCC will discuss if and what course of action should be taken, based on the wishes of the reporting party. Potential actions may include education about consent, removal from the event, or legal action in accordance with applicable laws.
*Harassment includes offensive verbal comments (related to gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race or religion), sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of the event, inappropriate physical contact and unwelcome sexual attention.
Please use this form to report any incidents of harm or harassment. All reports can be made anonymously.